Saturday, January 31, 2009

Get Over It (But Maybe I Wouldn't Either)

I was writing to Coachblogger about my high school and it made me recall this story. About 5 or 6 years after high school, I was working at a local pizza parlor. The manager was a year older than I and had attended the high school that was our rival. One day he was telling me that he'd played basketball. I remembered some of the amazing games that our two high schools played. So I said, "Do you remember that game for the league championship, when Bob Somerby hit that foul shot with no time remaining to win the championship for us?" Without even waiting for one split second, and 5 or 6 years after the fact, he exclaimed, "That wasn't a foul!!!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then he said, Did you know Nadal won the Aussie Open?

He may have been in a pizza joint, but he wasn't stoopid.

Laurie Allee said...

That's hilarious. I grew up around such stories. My father was a coach. With a lllloooongggg memory!

Coachdad said...

I sent you email regarding this post. Always finding people from the past and we continually argue over past calls in games. Never ending arguements! Part of the fun, though! Nice post!